Trap Jaw Fly Swatter Filmation Super7 2016 Masters of the Universe Weapon
Trap Jaw’s fly swatter from the Filmation Super 7 Masters of the Universe toy line.
Trap Jaw’s fly swatter is one of the more humorous weapons in the line up. Although the weapon only appears in one episode, it is great to see this weapon in the mix.
The Grayskull Wiki as cataloged all of Trap Jaws weapons and there are lots of options in the list that could have been replaced by the fly swatter:
- Hook – The hook is the weapon used most by Filmation.
- Lasertron – This weapon appears as a gun and is used in various ways, a freeze ray, a shrink ray, or just a regular laser gun.
- Energy bow – This is a one-off alternate to the Lasertron, which fires a laser out of the center of the bow.
- Sword blade – This weapon only appears at the end of one episode and is never seen being used against He-Man or any of the Masters of the Universe.
- Pile-driver – Acts as a mechanical battering ram.
- Dropper – This attachment is more a tool than a weapon, and is used in the same manner as a winch to lower Mer-Man over the edge of a cliff.
- Grabber – Telescopes and possesses claws, which enable Trap Jaw to grab things from far away.
- Fly Swat – This device is never shown being used and only appeared for a short time during one episode.
- Claw – One of the three items that came with the original action figure, it is only seen once and very briefly in one episode of the Filmation cartoon. It gets more use in the MYP cartoon, which gave more emphasis to the three original weapons.
- Miniature laser – This is shown as being the hook attachment but with the hook missing.
- Flamethrower – This weapon is used in the Cave of Winds.
- Fire extinguisher – This is used in conjunction with the Flamethrower in case the fire got out of hand.
- Elongated laser – This is another variation on Trap Jaw’s laser guns.
- Freeze Ray – This attachment is actually a freeze ray, it appears as a big cannon on Trap Jaw’s arm.
- Rocket – The rocket appears as the same attachment as the Freeze Ray, but is used to enable Trap Jaw to fly.
- Welder – The first non-toy weapon used by Trap Jaw in the MYP series. He uses it to repair his own damaged leg in the episode “Trust”.
- Grapple – Also in “Trust”, Trap Jaw uses a grapple to reach a hole in the ceiling of the Kulataks’ cavern and escape.